Coláiste De Lacy welcomed its first cohort of students in August 2014. It is a brand new co-educational post-primary school located in Ashbourne, Co Meath. Coláiste De Lacy is a school of excellence and as such, it implements a modern and innovative approach to teaching and learning. It aims to provide the best educational experience and developmental opportunities for its students.
The Coláiste operates under the patronage of the Louth Meath Education and Training Board (LMETB), a leader in educational change and the Patron of a wide range of schools, colleges and educational programmes across Meath and Louth. LMETB has a successful history of establishing start-up schools of excellence.
Tumoideachas i gGaelcholáiste De Lacy
The curriculum is delivered through English for the majority of students; however, the curriculum of Gaelcholáiste De Lacy (an Aonad lán Ghaeilge) will be delivered through Irish (see section on Gaelcholáiste De Lacy). Gaelcholáiste De Lacy is being established to cater for the strong demand throughout the locality for second level education provision through the medium of Irish. The goal of Gaelcholáiste De Lacy is to provide a comprehensive post-primary education through the medium of Irish in an environment of immersion.
The Irish language and culture are extremely important throughout the whole Coláiste.
Ár bhFís (Our Vision)
An overview of the vision for Coláiste De Lacy and Gaelcholáiste De Lacy is outlined below:
- Student happiness, wellbeing and belonging are core
- Student pride and participation in their school
- Importance or positive relationships and a positive school environment
- Safe and respectful environment supported by good order and organisation
- Valuing of hard work, effort, and creativity
- Focus on positivity, responsibility, relationships and care
- All students achieve their individual best and experience success
- Centres of excellence and innovation for teaching and learning
Coláiste De Lacy is a school where students enjoy coming to school and learn in a safe, respectful, well-structured environment.
‘’Fásann intinní óga,
Osclaíonn croíthe ceanúla,
Tosaíonn saol spreagúil’’